Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

48 V Low voltage alarm circuit for Battery rectifier / charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

naaadiaa

Electrical
Jun 25, 2007
GB
Hello there,

It is requested to please help me design a circuit for 48 volts rectifier/charger to operate a buzzer on its failure, with a variable to adjust the dropout voltage. Circuit should mark the relay and sound the buzzer as soon as the charger voltage drops to 47 or 46 volts and it should unmark the relay and stops the sounding relay as soon as the voltage returns to 48 volts.

I know it is not a complex one, but help in this regard is very much appreciable.

Thanks,

nadia
EE

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If you use Google with the search terms: low voltage alarm circuit

...and then click on Google Images, you'll see quite a few such circuits.

You'll need to figure out what will power your circuit if the charger goes off line because of a power failure. You could perhaps use the battery bank in question, but you'll have to ponder the system / reliability implications of such an approach.

48 volts is towards the high end for many garden variety components, so you'd need to address the power supply side of the circuit if you plan to use the 48 volt battery as the power source.

Also, you might need a voltage divider on the input to bring it down to appropriate range.

PS: I'll bet eBay offers an off-the-shelf solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back