Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

5 Axis Laser Offline Programming 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

trumpetman

Automotive
Jun 28, 2003
CA
Our company just purchased an NTC 5 axis laser and I am looking for offline programming solutions. I've seen the Cenit product and looks great. Is there any other that I can compare to or is this the way to go?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry I don't know anything specific to lasers but are you just generating G-code? There are many cam packages that can handle 5-axis work. We use Surfcam. Alot of it depends on what CAD package you use. Surfcam is VERY good at importing files from many formats.

Trumpetman,

Cenit is a very good product however I think you need a unix seat. Helmut hasn't actually said when Catia v5 will be available. you also might want to take a look at tebis, it has improved greatly and very much resembles cenit. Finally Maz-CAT Can work but it's too much work to.

Have you heard about bluestar Laser?

Congrats on the new purchase.

jckenney
cadlsi@sbcglobal.net

Hi there,

we have a Mazak 5 axis Laser, and I have had the same problem with finding programing solutions.
Mazak sell a 3D programe suite, but it is very expensive and knowing their other software products, it's more than likely very compilcated.
I purchased some 2D and Rotary programing software from SigmaTeK. And at the time we disscussed them writing up a post processor for doing full 3D. They didn't seem to think it would be a big problem. But because of the amount of 3D cutting we do, we decided not to carry on with it.
There worth a go, very good company to deal with.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back