Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

.500 Steel on AMADA FO3015?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaserSpyder

Materials
Jun 4, 2014
US
can anyone help me out with cutting conditions for .500 steel im having a hard time getting a clean cut????????
Thank yall[afro]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

-LaserSpyder - after digging into my laser a little bit more i realized there was a larger problem then my cut conditions. My A/O mirror was not adjusting when it needed too. Now we are currently replacing the Air pressure regulator for the A/O.

On a side note - how fast are you able to cut 1/4" like butter?

FabProHelp that should make a huge difference in cut, and my cut conditions for .250 steel are ....
FR 90. PWR 3600 FREQ 1000 Duty 90% GAS P. 0.07 GAS TIme 0.5 GAP .040........how does ur .250 cut?

Before we replaced the Air pressure regulator, my 1/4" was cutting amazing but I had my feed rate down to 60 in/min. Just started to re-adjust the settings now and they cut clean at 78 in/min. I am going to try ramping them up to your settings and see if I can get closer to 90 in/min.

I will keep you updated.... hopefully this corrects my 1/2" cutting issue

FabProHelp we recently replace our (NC programmable assist gas regulator" p/n 71359715 NC regulator) ......... and OH MAN did our cuts IMPROVE! our 190Alum is cutting better then ever and that was our #1 problematic material and thickness, and we never even suspected there was anything wrong with our assist gasses.[machinegun]

20171002_140630_llyqdz.jpg
20171002_140630_luazva.jpg
here's some pics of 1" stainless on my 4kw

now I want to cut some 1" [deejay] ..... I bet u can clean those cuts up a bit with your gas pressure and driving focus down a little deeper I think anywho [machinegun]

I'm looking for some inner cut conditions for 3/4" carbon steel. I can cut the perimeter great, can't cut holes .500". Terrible.
My focus is at .142. I see posts where the focus numbers are low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back