Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

6202-2RZ vs 6202-2RS

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteCod

Mechanical
Jan 5, 2015
US
Hello everyone! I am trying to replace a bearing in a bench grinder. The bearing that came in it is a 6202-2RZ bearing, and I cannot seem to find many retailers, and when I do, they have very high shipping costs, as they are all outside of the USA. I do, however, see a lot of 6202-2RS bearings. I did not seem to find any significant difference in the two bearings, but I also could not find both of them from the same distributor to compare. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the difference is, if any, and if I would have any issue using a 6202-2RS instead of the 6202-2RZ.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Z generally indicates non contact seals called shields.
S generally indicates contact lip seals.
The heat generated by contact seals can generate enough heat to limit the safe max speed of the bearing.

What is the rpm of this bench grinder?

So does anyone know if there is a bearing I can safely use in place of the 6202-2RZ? The grinder is well below the maximum speed of the 2RZ. Or does someone know where I can purchase (for a reasonable amount, including shipping) a single 6202-2RZ bearing? Timken makes them, but I cannot find anywhere to purchase a single unit.

I agree RS has lower speed rating than RZ.

But with bearings this small, 3600rpm should not be a problem either way.

=====================================
(2B)+(2B)' ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back