Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

690V Portable Gensets UK

Status
Not open for further replies.

GGMurphy

Petroleum
Feb 21, 2003
GB
Does anyone know of a supplier local to the UK that provide portable gen sets capable of 690V?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have sourced a lot of sets from Wilkinson&Gaviller.
Contact info;
Wilkinson&Gaviller

High Street
Staplehurst
Tonbridge
Kent
TN12 0AR

TEL

01580 893514

You may go to this page to initiate an e-mail:
or try:
wglltd@aol.com I haven't used this address for a couple of years, hope that it is still valid.
These folk can source several manufacturers and they ship world wide. I have had good luck and good warranty coverage, but the sets were good quality and warranty claims were very few.

Bill
--------------------
"Why not the best?"
Jimmy Carter

That's a new one for me Bill.

Two I'd try initially are

Aggreko
Fox & Cooper

Aggreko have some halfway knowledgable people on the staff if you can find them. I usually find the general plant hire companies like A-Plant and Hewdens have nice equipment but it is difficult to find anyone with strong technical knowledge. I had a load of problems trying to explain that I wanted to use their generator for a primary injection test and I was attaching a ~2000A single phase load to the set and controlling the excitation myself. In the end I just rang someone else and asked for the generator and didn't bother with any explanations.

----------------------------------
image.php

If we learn from our mistakes I'm getting a great education!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back