750 MCM Parallel Runs Entering Building

Status
Not open for further replies.

CEtoEE

Industrial
Jan 24, 2024
US
Hello,

I'm a Controls Engineering that has been handed some high power Electrical Engineering work so I'm a bit out of my depth on how to move forward with this.

We have 12 sets of 3 phase 750 MCM feeds running in parallel through a wall (5" conduits each), into a building. Our switchgears lie fairly close to the wall of the entry point for the conduit. We are worried about bend radius of the cables inside of the conduits. To remedy this we have designed a custom pull box that will give the cables more maneuverability as they turn into the switchgears. We tried to ensure to meet any distance requirements for conduit entry points as listed in NEC 314.28.

My question is, is there a better way to go about this? Is there some sort of off the shelf item for building passthrough like this? Should we be worried about quick 90 degree bends in 5" conduit to begin with for 750MCM Class B Cable? I'm new to the scene so I just want to glean every bit of information I can.

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is this a multiconductor cable, or single conductors? In general, the minimum permitted bend radius for the conduit bends is suitable for the installation of single conductors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back