Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A CAD problem in FE software ABAQUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dariushtari99

Mechanical
Jun 15, 2007
CA
Hi
here is the problem:
I 'm developing an script(python).In part of that script,I should generate several lines by connecting node of current step of a forming process and previous step and intersect it with an arbitrary surface which is imported from a CAD software.The intersection points of these lines with CAD surface is what i need for next steps of process.Any body has any idea how it should be done????Pls HELP!THX

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The way I use python is to do the work manually and see how Abaqus has interpreted the commans in python and then edit the file for general use later.

corus

Hi corus
thank you for your comment
But The problem is that the Abaqus has no feature for intersection of line-surface in fact the cad module of ABAQUS is so weak do perform this intersection!Am i not right?
Dariush

Dear Greglocock
I actualy found the solution to my question.So I dont need to go through maths behind the intersection.thank you for your comment anyway.and i m ready to explain the way to do such an intersection in ABAQUS if any one is willing to hear.
Dariush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back