Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanglou

Automotive
Jun 30, 2005
US
alright, I have a few things that are not working for me.

1) I want and understand how to change drafting sheet properties in admin mode, but I need "write access" on CATcollectionstandard and CATreferancesettingpath. I can find these directories easily in the catia environment editor but what do i do from there to give me "write access?"

2) when dimensioning in the drafting workbench The dimension tool defaults to NUM.DIMM, or dimensioning in mm. I want mine in inches. How do I hard set it to the NUM.DINC?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

try searching on here for "admin" or "drafting standards"

Wes C.
------------------------------
No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Hi,

Probably you already checked FAQ section....
If you are working in an organization where you do not have write acces (because you are just an user, not an administrator), you can use next CATScript.

Sub CATMain()

Dim drawingDocument1 As DrawingDocument
Set drawingDocument1 = CATIA.ActiveDocument
Dim selection1 As Selection
Set selection1 = drawingDocument1.Selection
selection1.Search "CATDrwSearch.DrwDimension,all"

For i = 1 To selection1.Count
Dim Dimension1 As DrawingDimension
Set Dimension1 = selection1.Item(i).Value
Dim DimDimValue As DrawingDimValue
Set DimDimValue = Dimension1.GetValue
DimDimValue.SetFormatName 1, "NUM.DINC"
Next
selection1.Clear
End Sub

Regards
Fernando

I have checked the FAQ, and it does not say anything about how to change the "write access" in drafting. I found some stuff for the other question but none of it was a clear explination of how to change it. Explinations like ferdo's assume that I have a clue about what a catscript is and where to find it and modify it. I dont, and I get a lot of stuff like that in my searches (thanks for your time though ferdo, I didn't get it but at least you tried)

Its not so complicate...just copy everything starting with Sub CATMain() up to End Sub (including) exactly as it is in a text file, give a name and change the extention from txt to CATScript. Go to Tools - Macros - Macro - Select - go to that file and Run it....

Again, a training would be very good...

Regards
Fernando

You have to start your Catia session in admin mode by using the option -admin in your Catia starting icon. Something like "C:\Program Files\Dassault Systemes\B17\intel_a\code\bin\CATSTART.exe" -run "CNEXT.exe -admin" -env CATIA.V5R17.B17 -direnv "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\DassaultSystemes\CATEnv" -nowindow

Normally these admin functions are for Catia-admin peoples who should be familiar with the settings environment etc. because -admin may effect the Catia settings in your whole company level!

You should first create a proper settings environment of your own - not to change the original settings. Be familiar with Catia environment settings and starting options.
You can start learnig by using Catia help and searching by keyword "-admin".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back