Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A part has turned invisible, trying to get it to reappear 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvanDH

Mechanical
Sep 30, 2010
US
Hi all,

I have a part that, when I open it, I no longer see anything. If I click on a feature in the design tree, an outline of the feature gets displayed and "sticks". Ie, I can rotate, zoom, and generally see where the part is "supposed" to be. Also, I can open and edit sketches. But the part itself ... is... just... not there anymore??

I thought maybe it just got set to completely invisible through the appearances - so I clicked "remove all part appearances" (or something worded very similarly) but no help.

I must have just fat fingered some command that does this, but cannot find any relevant info.

Can anyone help? I attach the part itself.

Thanks,
EDH

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Great, thanks, knew it was something that simple, didn't realize you could hide a part from within the part file itself.

And now I realize the "hide components" icon in assemblies is a part icon with glasses. All this time I thought it was a part icon with breasts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back