A refrence for symbols on drawings 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpaha

Industrial
Apr 28, 2004
US
Howdy Ya'll,
I'm a inspector or a DOD subcontractor. I do ALOT of dimensional inspection(parts, components ect.) I'm @ a loss in interpeting the various symbols used on the drawings(meaning, I have never had that type of training)I was wondering if any-1 here would know of a on-line resource for these. ANY help would B GRATEFULLY APPRECIATED!!

TIA.!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry, but that's pretty scary. How can you be an inspector if you don't know what the symbols mean? GD&T is highly complex and many people that think they understand it, DO NOT.
I am not trying to be mean, but if you intend to succeed in this job, I would suggest getting some schooling.

Ray Havermahl
Independent Engineering Labs

Thank Ya'll for your input. It is appreciated!

@ testy.. My tenure has been 99% in the Electronics Manufacturing sector. I have recently accepted my present position. In the past.. Employers & peer's as well, have allway's considerd me to be a fairly bright chap. I just need a guide, as to the meanings of the symbols. If I come across something "over my head", I have access to the engineering department. Again.. Thank Ya'll for your input!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back