Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

a/s iso9001 bearing assembly clean room

Status
Not open for further replies.

RussBearingGrinder

Mechanical
Apr 9, 2013
US
Hello Everyone just inquiring some information i grind bearings for a company that is a/s and iso9001. I also assemble these bearings, without a contamination/clean room. Please tell me there are standards for this room and where to get it. My boss wants to put it next to the sandblasting room and open grinding machines(i.e. centerless, O.D. grinder)
Trying to avoid failure I'm taking it upon myself to make sure this is done right. Thank you for all your time in this matter

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I would assume these bearings are required to meet specific "bearing industry standards"... and as such I would assume those standards cover or direct you to applicable cleanroom standards that must be met.
Like maybe your bearings must apply to some ASTM standard and that implies that miniature and instrument precision bearings for example require cleanrooms per ISO 14644-1 and -2,etc..
Then those standards will specific the micron filtration/laminar flow,etc.. for the standard required specific cleanroom classification. Class 10,000,etc...

As far as the industry standards most are met that i can tell, but there is a smoke and mirrors charade that takes place at my work. So it's hard for me to get all the facts. I was under the impression since we are A/S iso9001 certified there would be a set of standards for specific applications. Such as "none flight critical bearings" ABEC 5. My boss says its according to the customer, but It's hard for me to believe that is all the information. I will look into it more using ASTM and ABMA. Thank you again for your time in this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back