Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A319 - Structural item not clear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudio_F84

Sep 21, 2021
DE
Hello dear users,
this is my first post and I am really happy to enjoy the community.
Right now I am working on a water tank installation in a A319 and I come across a problem.
For the installation, some pipes are installed and a support bracket is installed to the structure.
A319_hxjnwk.png

I can not find in the SRM or in the IPC how those items are called and if they are or not Fatigue Critical Baseline Structure.
From another drawing, that I can not show, they seem to be connected to the bulkhead floor but not to the structure floor.

Thank you so much for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Those look to be bulkhead stiffeners. If this is a pressure bulkhead then it would be FCBS. Ask Airbus, they are required for define FCBS.

another day in paradise, or is paradise one day closer ?

Thank you so much for your tip.
I have access to the SRM, where I find the FCBS list, and also the drawings.

I am going to verify and thank you again.

yeah, therein is the problem ...

Airbus has defined FCBS,
you can't understand what they've said (as it relates to your specific structure),
you ask them,
they say "refer to what we've published",
"live, die, repeat"

GL !

another day in paradise, or is paradise one day closer ?

Finally I found what it is.

As you suggested, the items are stiffener placed on the spar of the wingbox.
Spar_Wingbox_A319_p58wrp.png

Stiffener_Wingbox_A319_agacj7.png

Unfortunately, SRM says the whole center wingbox is FCBS and I need to calculate the newly installed bracket on it but there is already a support bracket there that I could use as a comparison for my analysis.

A water tank is already there, but the IPC does not show the exact tube diagram, so I need to investigate more.

Thank you so much for your precious help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back