Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

A36 steel or AISI1025 steel properties at high temperature 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

imse

Industrial
Feb 2, 2006
US
hi,

i have had trouble locating A36 steel or AISI 1025 steel temperature dependent properties(yield stress, young's modulus, tangent modulus, specific heat,..) at high temperature (melting point) for my welding simulation problem

Could someone please guide me on this
Thanx
Robin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You need to select a more practical upper temperature limit that does not approach the melting temperature of A36 steel for information on mechanical properties. Most of the mechanical property data I have seen reported for A36 goes up to about 1500 deg F. Above this temperature, A36 possess significantly reduced strength and Young's Modulus (I have seen a reduction factor of 20% - meaning the steel at 1500 deg F has 20% of the room temperature value) because you have exceeded the lower critical transformation temperature.

What are you trying to simulate under conditions of welding? Having been involved with welding metallurgy for a number of years, you should be able to obtain information required for specific heat and thermal conductivity.

Data I have seen shows the specific heat and thermal conductivity for building steel structures (A36) under conditions of a fire. The information below might be of help, and it is free;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back