Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

AB Data polling and storage system.. OPC/ODBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryRWood

Industrial
Jul 21, 2020
US
Looking for alternative systems for pulling data from Allen Bradley PLCs (SLC500s & ControlLogix)and storing them in a SQL database.
I am looking for something outside of the Rockwell pay by the year solution.

I know RSLINX Professional has OPC connections that can allow for data polling, I also have access to a 1500 Tag Kepware license I could redeploy, I'm just wondering if anyone has ever seen an open-source White Sheet on the subject, or has a current working design you would be willing to share.

Kind Regards,
Terry

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

A number of my customers use XLReporter, here is a listing of data sources and connections,
It seems to be pretty popular with water/wastewater and oil and gas customers. I have used it for several gas compression projects using SLC, ControlLogix and CompactLogix processors in conjunction with Red Lion data loggers. Smaller users tend to use Excel, larger users have used multiple databases with several using SQL.

I am by no means an expert on this but several of my customers use it regularly, and in my own experience have found their support to be exceptional.

Hope that helps, MikeL.

If you are willing to do a few lines of VB code to send data to a DB, then AdvancedHMI offers all the tools you need at no cost. This includes native drivers for most of the AB PLCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back