Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

AB Micrologix 1000 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

utimgr

Electrical
Jun 19, 2006
US
Its been years since I've done an AB PLC, last ones were way back in time with the SLC500 bricks.

Client *insisted* on a Micrologix. OK, so I now have a Micrologix1000, and gettng RSLOGIX updated to do the programming. I have a model 1761-L32AWA

Looking thru the manual, and googling some haven't come up with the comm port info. All I see is a single mini-DIN connector on top, next to the status lights. I assume this is the programming port, but is it DH+, DH485, what? I need to tie a panelview into this PLC as well, so do I use that same port?

Also, is this PLC expandable? I think so, most are, but again I dont see an expansion port.

Anyone familiar with these?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The port is an RS-232 DF1 full duplex port, if that is any assistance.

----------------------------------
image.php
I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy it...

Your best bet is to call your local Rockwell supplier that sold you the PLC. They usually have a tech onsite that can help get you going. Sometimes they'll come onsite to help out if you're in jam - especially if you are a customer that purchases alot of equipment!

True...used to do alot of AB but then went to a less expensive brand till this. I'm not sure if our local guys have much knowledge, but worth a try.

I just thought at least the documentation that came with it ought to have a little more explantion of the comm ports.

The link provided in the prior posting was helpful in that it did tell me I can't add an 10/100 module because there is no way to expand the I/O (good) and the port is RS232, so now I know what panelview interface to order.

Thanks folks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back