Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Abaqus, 2 deformable body

Status
Not open for further replies.

EldhoP

Mechanical
Mar 30, 2022
IN
Hey,
I'm new to Abaqus and could use some help. I was wondering how to define interactions between 2 deformable bodies in abaqus explicit.
More specifically, I have a tool which is consider as deformable when press on a sheet( which is also deformable).Tool is moving in 3 dimensional path during deformation. To calculate the deflection of tool.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You have to define contact between these parts. In most cases there’s no need to use contact pairs so you can just enable general contact and it will automatically detect the surfaces that will come into contact. You just have to define the contact interaction property - behavior in normal and tangential direction. Don’t forget about proper friction coefficient, it’s very important for metal forming processes.

thanks for the reply. I have defined the contact interaction between the sheet and one end of the tool. But how do define the contact interaction at the other end of the tool to make its movement constraints in one direction?

If this tool consists of just one body then there’s no need to define contact for that other end of it. Instead, you should define a boundary condition that will enforce movement in the proper direction (amplitudes can help with that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back