Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Abaqus 6.7 only Independent instance can be meshed in assembly 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowfire

Mechanical
Oct 2, 2006
AU
Hi, good day every one!!!

I have had a little problem with 6.7.

When I tried to mesh in an assembly, system ask me to make instance independent or mesh in part module.

I don't understand what's that for. If I make instance independent I will not able to update instance when I change parts, is that right? If I mesh each part in part module then I will not be able to mesh multipul part in the same time.

Can anyone tell me what will happen if I make instance independent?

Thanks in advance!![rockband]

Forever Young

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In the model tree of the Assembly module right click on the instance and Make Independent.
The idea of a dependent part is if you have multiples of the same part and wish the mesh to be the same for each instance of that part. It'll save a bit of time if you've used edge seeding on the part, for instance, and don't wish to repeat the operation for every single multiple of that part. If you update the instance, say by partitioning, then I think you just get a warning to say the mesh has been deleted, otherwise it makes little difference.

corus

Thanks corus

I tried to mesh each part individually, in part moudle the part becomes green. but when I get to assembly moudle the part becomes blue colour again. It looks like mesh in part doesn't applly to assembly. I am not sure, maybe I need to run a test run to find it out.

Forever Young

The mesh is there, but is not displayed in the assembly module by default. You need to switch in on (there's a icon in the top toolbar to do this)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back