Abaqus Command to Run Job at Specific Time & Date 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

msjoey

Materials
Feb 20, 2007
UG
Hi everyone.

I have an explicit job that is running right now on my machine which I estimate will finish running in about 33 hours. I would like to submit a command to my machine to run a variant of the same explicit job a couple of hours after that. But, weekend is approaching...

In my previous company we used a UNIX machine and Abaqus jobs run on the server. If I wanted a job to start running on a certain date when I would be away I had to key in (for example)

at Fri May 29 18:00(Enter)
abaqus <inp file here>(Enter)​

Now I have Abaqus running on my Windows machine. Does anyone know if the same command lines will do the same thing in Windows? If the above were incorrect could you tell me the right command lines?

Thanks in advance,
Jo

P.S. I already have a Python file to queue jobs. Because of license sharing with another engineer I decided not to queue my jobs that way.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't know if Windows offers something like the "at" on Unix.

As workaround I would create a simple python script with a loop where it reads the .log of the running job and executes a new job if the old one is finished. If the old job is still running, the script sleeps for a specific time.

That's a good suggestion! I can prepare a .py that checks if .lck file exists in the working directory every hour, and submit the next explicit job if .lck is not found :)

Thank you!! Have a great weekend!

You could do it from a DOS batch script. The following will run jobName1 then once that has finished will wait for 2 hours then run jobName2.

call abaqus job=jobName1
FOR /l %%A IN (1,1,120) DO (
ping -n 60 127.0.0.1 > nul
)
call abaqus job=jobName2

Save the code as something like pause.bat in your working directory and run it from the Abaqus command line.

Or if you just want the jobs to run one after the other then just use the following batch script

call abaqus job=jobName1 interactive
call abaqus job=jobName2 interactive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back