Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

abaqus conflicts when used on vista. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

alperturan

Civil/Environmental
Oct 24, 2003
SA
hi
could anyone tell me how can I get my abaqus 6.6 on vista. when I start license server and then program, it attempts to start then I get following warning and starting process gets terminated.

ABAQUS License Manager checked out the following license(s):
"cae" version 6.6 from sena
fmd_GLContext::create(): wglShareLists() failed.

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.
ABAQUS Error: ABAQUS/CAE Kernel exited with an error.
Press any key to continue . . .

thanks fro any help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Just a guess here, but do you have the correct/certified graphics drivers loaded for your video card?

If not, then I concur with TGS4, it's one to report to Simulia.

Regards

Martin Stokes CEng MIMechE

You may need to tweak the graphics settings. This is possible by adding the following to your abaqus_v6.env file:

def onCaeGraphicsStartup():
session.defaultGraphicsOptions.setValues(accelerateOffScreen = OFF)

(NB: due to limitations in the text editor on this site, you may need to be vary careful copying and pasting what I just typed! Essentially there are two lines of code. The first starts with "def on..."
The next is indented 4 spaces and starts with "session...")

There are other graphics tweaks you may need to try, look in the docs. Look at section 5.3 of the V6.6 ABAQUS Installation and Licensing Guide.

Finally there are Answers for this type of issue in the SIMULIA online Support System (Answer 3149).

thanks for yout valuable responses.

Breps method worked well. however when abaqus user interface is opened I couldn't view anything. everything is static. It looks like there is no rendering. Further suggestions will be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back