Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ABAQUS Cylindrical Boundary Conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.

RakVastav

Materials
Sep 12, 2011
US
Dear all,

I am trying to learn ABAQUS using this problem (what I thought would be simple enough):

Initial Geometric Configuration: A Disc (thin) with a finite radius (1 unit) and a wedge (5 degree pie) cut off. It is basically a disc with material present only from phi = [0,355] and the material in phi = (355, 360) is removed.

Cylindrical Boundary Conditions: Displacements degrees of freedom are UR(r,phi) in the radial direction and Uphi(r, phi) in the tangential direction

1) Uphi(r,0) = 0; 2) Uphi(r, 355) = 5 (in degrees)

Basically, a displacement boundary condition is applied such that the wedge is closed. I want to find the stress distribution in the final configuration. I have the part and the mesh set up but I am not sure how to define these cylindrical boundary conidtions. The boundary conditions that I find for "Displacement/Rotation" are in only in rectangular Cartesian coordinate system. Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

Rakesh

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back