Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Abaqus Geometric restriction 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattis BRIODEAU

Automotive
Jan 28, 2019
DE
Hello everyone,

I want to add a process restriction in a Abaqus optimization Task. I have find Demold Control restrictions and Membre Size restriction but they appears to be relevant only for forging and casting. Does someone know a mean to create a machining restriction ?
I have test the "Demold Control -> Demolding at the region surface" properties and it looks that it create some parts that are well suited for machining but I realy don't understand what consists this restriction.

If someone have any clues/ideas :)

Mattis

PS : Sorry for the poor Quality of my english, if it#s unclear I can explain it in an other way ;)

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I guess that you are performing topology optimization. In such case you can only use demold geometric restriction made for demolding, forging and stamping process restrictions.

Machining restrictions are available in shape optimization (turn/drill control, penetration check).

You can find more detailed information in Abaqus documentation: Abaqus/CAE User’s Guide —> Creating and analyzing a model using Abaqus/CAE modules —> The Optimization module —> Configuring geometric restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back