Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Abaqus Model von mises stress

Status
Not open for further replies.

luke999

Aerospace
Mar 17, 2022
DE
Dear Forum,

i am new to Abaqus and have a problem with displaying results after calculation. I set up a shell model, that is under load of a single concentrated force for a linear pertubation, buckling analysis (lanczos), i am interested in the eingenvalues .
The calculation of said eigenvalues, and their display with deformed contours works perfectly fine. Now i want to display/calculate the related mises strain of the same load condition and display it as well.

I have tried different options and i am not getting the wanted result, so my question is:

Is their a possibility to display the mises stress within the buckle analysis ? The visualization menu only shows U and U1,U2,U3 for selection.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Linear buckling analysis won’t give you real stress and displacement values. To get those you would have to run a nonlinear buckling simulation and this is done using standard types of steps in Abaqus (static, Riks, dynamic). You can use the results from the linear buckling study as imperfections in the form of scaled mode shapes.

You have not called the results you want to display. Call the required results using field output options before solving the analysis.

Anyway, it will only show only representative stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back