Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Abaqus Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliasgere

Civil/Environmental
Jan 14, 2012
GB
I have created a 3D model of 2 solid parts and 1 shell part. I created mesh sets for the 2 solid parts but when I apply initial stress conditions using the input file, the following error is displayed on the .dat file when I run the input file:

AN INITIAL CONDITION HAS BEEN SPECIFIED ON ELEMENT 0 BUT THIS ELEMENT HAS NOT BEEN DEFINED

What does this mean since I do not have Element 0 in my model?

Your help will be appreciated.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

*Initial Conditions, Type=Stress, Geostatic
Soil,0,35,-630000,0,1.0,1.0
*Initial Conditions, Type=Stress, Geostatic
Plug,0,35,-360000,15,1.0,1.0

Your definition for Initial condition seems right. you can check your defining for element set. Additionally, you can remove one of your initial condition and then see what's happen to find out which element set make this error.

Have you selected any other material element as a plug element? Be careful that as far as I know you can just define stress initial condition for soil.

Have you checked your plug element set? or re-define plug element set. may be it could be helpful. I modelled some models similar your model by axisymmetric and I did not have this problem.

I also have one material property (clay) for both soil and plug. Does this mean I do not need to define an initial stress condition for the plug even though the mesh set for my soil does not include the plug.

I edited my soil set to include the soil plug and it works! Thanks for your assistance.

Do you have experience in using shell elements?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back