Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Abaqus simulation rotational friction - rods welding. Errors in the *.cae file

Status
Not open for further replies.

jony85

Mechanical
Oct 28, 2018
PL
Hi,
I don't knew where is error in abaqus simulation in uploaded file 29102018mod1_error.cae

File: Link

It is model of friction welding rods. I want to choose parameters based on simulation. Mainly the time needed to melt the metal.
In model first part is immobile, second part rotates constantly and have pressure.
The simulation file is compiled.
I do not know why the moving part does not rotate this is the main problem. There are also no temperature changes in the visualization (chart N11) but this is a smaller problem because it worked but I switched settings.

IMG_20181029_004529_hmxief.jpg

445534_dvoaqx.jpg

22222222222222222_is1grg.jpg

333333333333333333_flqeor.jpg

44444444444444444444_p5qtdi.jpg

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I never done anything like this, but I think in any case that it is a tricky one. There is one benchmark in abaqus that is about this and it is quite a difficult one (search for inertia welding simulation using abaqus. 1.3.18).
A literature review might give you some ideas on how to do this.

In any case from the images applying a rotation about the long. axis will not do anything since 3D elements do not have rotational degrees of freedom. Also fixing the contact interface is not clear. Still I believe that it can be difficult to run this even if one manages to rotate the part (e.g., by applying tangential velocity or use couplings to apply rotational speed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back