Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ABAQUS TOTAL REACTION & MOMENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bojana_Hepp

Civil/Environmental
Jun 13, 2023
FR
It is about linear static analysis. I apply the loads (force and moments) in a reference point.
Once the analysis is done, I create a CSYS with the origin in that reference point. I would like to obtain the same reaction moments as the applied ones. But still, when I report the total moment as "column total" of all supports, I do not get the equilibrium. Why is that? Thank you. Bojana

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

So you transformed the results to the local coordinate system ? How do you read the moments afte that ? Some details and screenshots would be helpful.

I have applied nodal loads in RP1 as shown below. Forces and moments.
I have created new CSYS in the visualization module, with the origin in the RP1 position. I went in the results/options/transformation/user defined, clicked on csys1 and applied. Then I reported unique nodal results - column total of 4 supports - 4 RPs in which I assigned the supports.

This column total values shall give me the resultant load in my CSYS origin. Moments around this RP1 shall be the same as applied.

Capture_k0sxg9.png

Capture2_vzujke.png

Capture3_rbrvqy.png

I figured out that, by changing the ODB coordinate system, Abaqus is not trasforming the resultant moment with respect to new origin.
I have 4 supports. In each one of them I have some reaction moment.
What abaqus does is, just sum the moments without adding additional moment as a result of Force reaction x lever arm to the new origin.

Transformation of coordinate system is only useful when cs is rotated.
Capture4_ezj6lg.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back