Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Abaqus wear subroutine 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

matmeanla

Mechanical
Mar 7, 2016
MY
Dear experts;
I want to do a wear simulation incorporating the UMESHMOTION subroutine.
I have tried the simple model to model the wear in Abaqus, but I still stuck to produce wear and get the wear volume. I want to try the simple geometry.
The idea is , a rotating cylinder is loaded onto a flat surface so that this will give the contact between two body.
Then will generate wear on the surface. Maybe from your experience you can help me. Here I attached the the file related​

the subroutine

Model .cae
I really hope the experts here can solve my problem. Thank you

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I model wear once. I could reproduce the simple model of the next thesis:

Here there is a code for the subroutine. Everything is carefully descripted. It is a great work.

If you are starting to use UMESHMOTION, I advice to you to start with a plane strain/stress model wich is more efficient.
Higlights for wear that I remember:
- The mesh should be very refined to reproduce correctly the hight concetrated gradient of stresses. You can check the mesh convergence with the Hertz contact formulas.
- You can only access to the slave node data using the subroutine.

IceBreakerSours (Bioengineer). Thank you for the replied. I use Archard Law for the wear and Hertzian contact .
Yes, this is my first post and my first time joining the forum.[love]

rrg1016 (Mechanical)
Thank you for the information. I ll try it now.[love]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back