Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Abaqus2022 cannot call logical processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nir_k

Mechanical
Apr 13, 2021
TW
Hi all, My computer has 2 cores(4 logical processors), and I set the number of multiple processors in Abaqus is 4. I submitted the job in Abaqus2021, and it ran well, but it was aborted and prompted the errors as I submitted the job in Abaqus2022. The error was "The number of cups (4) exceeds the number of CPUs available (2).", what should I do to eliminate the error and use the 4 logical processors in the simulation? Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi, FEA way, My operating system is win10, and I do the Abaqus/explicit simulation. I have searched the "newest hotfix for Abaqus2022" just now, but it seemed there was no suitable fix for Abaqus2022 yet[sad].

To find fix packs for Abaqus you have to log in on the DS website and go to the Software Download page. It will redirect you to downloads available for you. Choose SIMULIA, Abaqus portfolio, 2022 release and the highest available level (FP.CFA.2223 at the moment).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back