Abbreviations 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jupshaw

Mechanical
Jan 30, 2024
US
Hello All,
After reviewing Drawings I came across abbreviations WL, FS, ML, MW.
I began to look through the Interpreation Spec and the Abbreviations are called out as WL= Water line, FS= Fuselage Station, ML=mold Line, MW= Mate with. The drawing comes from Boeing as the OEM. could I gain assurance in these Abbrev?

Also notice section AA with dims not entirely certain on what's called out in the highlighted.

ENG_tips_Abbrev_uyua9y.png

Future regards,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Jupshaw, as this appears to be avaition related it is not likely to be addressed by any ASME Standards or Codes. However, and generally speaking:

Water Line usually refers to a horizontal plane in the AC fuselage, related to a Zero reference plane, i.e. WL Zero.

Station Line usually refers to a longitudinal plane in the AC fuselage, related to a Zero reference plane, i.e. FS Zero.

Not certain about Mold Line, but it appears to refer to an actual surface at the noted location.

Mate With, no idea.

EDIT: Section A-A appears to be located at intersection of WL 144.860 and Mold Line at FS 402.354.

There are various aviation related fora on this site, you'd no doubt get better answers on one of them. And oh yeah, welcome to E-Tips :)

Regards,

Mike

The problem with sloppy work is that the supply FAR EXCEEDS the demand

Station Line usually refers to a longitudinal plane in the AC fuselage, related to a Zero reference plane, i.e. FS Zero.

Might better have said "transverse". Oh well...

The problem with sloppy work is that the supply FAR EXCEEDS the demand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back