Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

About a boiler book - but for eletrical boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveChemGen

Chemical
Mar 22, 2019
CA
Hi,

I looked around the forum and found a lot of info on boilers...However, most are for fossil fuel (gas/coal)... In my world region, electricity is very cheap and it's often used for small boilers due to this. My first instinct is "not much difference except electric", but experience told me that not asking questions can lead to problems.

I was wondering if anyone knew of a book, article or document that would help me with electrical boilers specification/operation/maintenance...I can easily convert "fossil fuel btu" boilers into electricity for a primary energy source, but I'm curious about any special tid-bits I need to be on the lookout for prior to even budgeting for one.

Most of what I find is for residential and commercial water heater. What I meant by "small", is big in that regards!

Thanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No problem; presumably there are other manufacturers as well who might provide similar info . . . I just don't know who they are.

The C-B website used to have available a comprehensive installation, commissioning, & operating manual for the CESJ Series electric boiler; I was engaged in preliminary work on a plant configuration that would have harnessed one of the larger ones, that's how I knew to point you in that direction. I downloaded said PDF @ the time . . . but I don't see a link to it any more; you might want to ask for it.

CR

"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." [Proverbs 27:17, NIV]

Hi,

I reached out to them for documentation. That boiler is under revision. However, the info they have in their electric series is extremely helpful! It'll help quite a lot for my work. Thanks again!

DCG

With that mutually understood, maybe they'd be willing to send you C/B Document #750-272 - 02/2013 anyway, just for the background.

CR

"As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another." [Proverbs 27:17, NIV]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back