Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

About Abaqus GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

xuxxx679

Mechanical
Nov 21, 2016
US
Hello,

I've seen the built-in customized GUI that Abaqus allows us to create and use. But they are for people who already knows how to use Abaqus or at least have Abaqys installed in their laptop. I'm wondering if anyone has tried to create a python GUI to run Abaqus so that even someone doesn't know a thing about Abaqus can run the simulation?

Thanks,
Danny

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

it is possible to create GUIs in ABAQUS that can also run simulations automatically. What should be the purpose of the GUI for you? If you really do not know anything about ABAQUS you should consider doing some tutorials or read the documentation.

I've seen companies, that have designed a browser based GUI (parameters only) for specific simulations designer have to do often. The parameters and the referenced CAD geometry are automatically transfered to a machine with Abaqus and a python script is executed. The script takes the parameters and geometry and creates the model, runs it and does predefined postprocessing. Afterwards the user gets a mail with a report (images, curves).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back