Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

about conversion of autocas file to EPS (Encapsulated postscript) file

Status
Not open for further replies.

chem55

Chemical
Aug 28, 2003
CA
Hi.!

I need to convert autocad file to eps file. It is a coloured drawing. To do so, I am exporting the autocad file to eps but the converted drawing is colourless. Would you pls suggest me what should I do?

Thanks,
Chem55

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear Exxit:

Would you pls elaborate your answer? I am a new user to AutoCad so may be thats the reason I coundn't get your answer.! One thing I forgot to mention that I am using AutoCad-2004.

Thanks,
Chem55

Hi chem55,

ok, I will try.
You have to install a new plotter, which create an *.eps-file. Don't forget "f1"

options-> plot-> add a new plotter-> assistant-> "my computer"->
producer adobe-> "postscriptlevvel 1 plus" is the plotter->
plot into file -> ready, go...

Now You can plot the drawing into the file like a normal plot on a paper...

Lothar

ADT 2004
ACAD 2002

Just as a side note, if you are just trying to end up with a PDF file. You can use some freeware called PDF995 that works great for outputting from dwg to PDF.

JRW

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right "
.. Henry Ford

Dear Lothar:

I don't have problem to get the printout. I export the drawing to eps, and then I open the file by using the adobe illustrator or Ghostview. This eps file, which I open through adobe illustrator ot Ghodtview doesn't show any colour, It is just black and white drawing. Would you pls suggest me what should I do to get coloured drawing after exporting to eps?

Thanks.!
Chem55

Yes, I have tried PDF995 and it is working great; but i need to convert in eps file. Do you have any idea, what is the best free software to convert AutoCad file to eps or jpg?

Thanks,
Chem55

Dear Lothar:

I have tried according to your instruction; but it shows kind of erroe stating "port may not exist or another process may be using the port". I'm not sure what does than mean.

Chem55

Chem55,

which system are You running? I think You took the wrong port. Take "plot into file" or the "port" file. I use WIN2000 Pro and it works. Maybe another forum-user can help You.

If I convert a coloured.dwg to *.eps, I get coloured objects in A-Illustrator10. Sorry, I can't see any problems. Mail the *.dwg (adr. in my profile).

No better ideas [sadeyes]

Lothar

ADT 2004
ACAD 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back