Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

absorber column 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chemical
Jun 21, 2005
IR

hi every body

Please help me in this matter:
I have feed in temperature and pressure in order 24 degree centigrade an 68 barg with 32 component to the Amin-Absorber. for this column ;I want to have equilibrium equation(or curve) , but I don’t know how I can get it.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What is it you desire? Your note is hard to understand.
Do you want a hydrocarbon equilibrium curve to predict liquid formation?

Steveen.

dear Steveen
Thanks for your following
Briefly design of our plant is based on H2S removal in sweetening unit but now we had to remove CO2 additional H2S. For doing this, the rate of Amin was increased and the Amin’s feed tray was transited to the toppest of the column. I think it is better (if possible theoretically) that we inject amin by two trays instead of increase of the rate.
Thanks

dear 16613
Still your question is not clear. If I understand your information correctly, then you have plant which removes H2S using some amine (which amine?) and now you have to run it for removing H2S and CO2 simultaneously. OK. now what?
What information you are looking for?
- Have you done the changes you said above (like moving feed tray, etc?). What are your observations?
- are you not meeting specifications?
- is amine you using is appropriate?
- I guess you want equilibrium curve in order to check the design calculations. But for which amine? Also once you have two acid gases removal (like H2S and CO2 in your case), the graphical design may not give good insight. you need to use comeercial simulators in order to have better look on process performance.

The information you are providing is not very clear. So state your problem clearly.

Thanks
Prashant

dear Prashant
Thanks for your attention
In Gas sweetening units MDEA(Methyl De-Ethanol Amine, as selective for H2S removal) uses to treat sour gas .
As we know in sweet gas co2 specification is equal 2%mol , in this unit the amount of co2 in sour gas is 1.8%mol that it dose not need to sweetening( in this situation the rate of Amin is 200M3/hr and Amin’s feed tray is 27th tray)but now the amount of co2 in sweet gas must be 1%mol , for getting this the rate of Amin was increased to 250 m3/hr and Amin’s feed tray is 30th tray (the latest tray) .
My question:
Can we inject Amin to column from to different trays in this situation ?
And is it useful for this purpose and Does it decrease the rate of Amin?

Go to their package will have what you are looking for. With MDEA, there is both kenetics and absorbtion going on, so you must have tray data to simulate the system. This could be your problem, not having enough residence time with the new flows.

If you need more sleeping of CO2 then reduce the amine solution rate. The 200 - 250 CuM/hr rate is very high amine rate.
I do not know about your gas specification and amount of gas process. Can you pass on some more data like voume of gas process, inlet amine temperature, operating pressure, tower dia., amine solution concentration ect?
Normally amine absorbtion column with 16 trays is optimum and maximum is 20 tray column.You can meet with the specification of 4PPM H2S in out gas with this.

16613:

I've designed and operated amine units for CO2 and for mutual CO2+H2S removal. My best advice to you is to consult with professional engineers in that business - specifically with the ones that designed and built your original unit for the H2S removal.

Face reality. You're not going to get final design engineering pointers or "solutions" on this Forum - especially for free and I stress free from liability.

You haven't given enough basic data to even start to troubleshoot any problems you may be seeing, so if you are serious and want to resolve your application and the revamp you have undertaken - consult with an Amine Engineering company who does this type of work under contract and under liability constraints.

Hi, I'm designing an Amine(MDEA)-H2S Absorption column. MDEa is being removed from diesel gas that has a very low content of H2S. I need the equilibrium curve...anyone know where I can find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back