Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACAD 2000: 3D model

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKV

Mechanical
Oct 29, 2002
DE
Hallo
I have been having annoying problem with Acad2000. Very often when I try to open my 3D models (consisting of extruded, revolved, rendered objects), I get an error message stating that "3D modelling dlls could not be loaded", the program exits. After several attempts in vain, I decided to completely deinstall the software and reinstall it. Now you can guess what happened .... I just can not install Acad2000 at all. It just exits after asking for serial no. and CD Key. Probably some old information of Acad is still residing on my system which prevents the installation. But where?

Could any one help me?

Thanking you in anticipation

With regards
Vijayendra

PS:My OS is Win 98

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ive had similar problems to this before on my machine did you after uninstalling delete the remaining directories and or the shared autodesk folder and or run the redgeclean tool available off of the MicroSofte web site if everyone helps everybody the world will be a better place

I wouldn't doubt that you would have to use regedit and go in to delete all of the Autodesk keys in the registry so there is nothing pointing to the old installation.

Usually I just go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and then to Software. Under that should still be an Autodesk folder. If you have already uninstalled Autocad, there will be no harm in deleting the Autodesk folder in the registry. I have never used regclean. Try it out. It may be a lot easier, especially if you've never played with the registry.

Hallo
Thanks to Shadow and FredGarwin for the suggesstions. I did uninstall the Acad2000 cleanly. Ofcourse I had not checked the Registry entries. I downloaded the regclean software as per your advice and run it. It corrected something like 173 wrong entries!. I thought that was it. But acad2000 exits with the same error message as before. I will try other possibilities before resorting to a sure method of installing Acad2000 ... format c: !!!

Thanks once again
Vijayendra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back