Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Acad 2000i & winXP - Open dialog box view

Status
Not open for further replies.

JigaWatt

Electrical
Jul 15, 2002
US
When I hit "open" in Acad 2000i running in XP, it always shows the files in icon view, instead of in list or detail view. I've changed the folder view option in XP, but it doesn't affect AutoCad. How can I fix this?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I ran into this problem also. Either in this forum or at Autodesk I read something of the sort: Each time you open the dialog box the icons will be the large ones. You can temporarily change the view to details, but the next time you use the dialog box it will be the huge icons with no details.

FYI Autocad LT2004 on WinXP doesn't have this problem.

I found a way to set the default file view for the "Open" menu in ACAD. When you try to open a file in ACAD 2000i, the default view in is the icon view, and it won't follow the current windows view setting. The view mode is controled by the value "ViewMode" in the registry under:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R15.0\ACAD-1:409\Profiles\"username"\Dialogs\Select File

Set the value for ViewMode to "3" for list and "4" for details.

After doing this for a while, ACAD seems to rewrite the registry value to "1", changing the view back to icon view. Is there some way to lock a registry value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back