Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

acad lt 2006 hatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbrlogan

Mechanical
Jul 22, 2006
US
I am having a lot of trouble getting a hatch in ACAD LT2006. I have followed the help menu from boundaries to individual line selection but just can't get hatches to form on my drawings.

Can anyone help with this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try the BOUNDARY command to see if you can form a boundary where you want first.

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." — Will Rogers

Thanks
I did try boundary, selecting individual lines, using point, just no hatch is coming thru.

make sure all the intersecting lines actually intersect. if possible make a closed ployline of the area you want to hatch.

Thanks
I checked each intersection and do have a closed polyline. that is what is so confusing.

I have checked elevation and they are all at zero.
I have changed scale of the hatch several times, basically, I have clicked on everything at least once in the hatch window.

Do you have the BHATCH command? You can specify gap tolerance, if you do.

"Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects." — Will Rogers

Do you hatch on a hatch layer and
possibly it is turned off?

I did check elevation but I found out I am on different planes. I only do 2D in ACAD. How do I change everything to one plane?

Thanks

If you have express tools loaded you can use the FLATTEN command to change everything to elevation 0.

So, how did you solve your problem??

ADT 2004
ACAD 2002

still haven't solved the problem. Nothing I've tried will work. I'm just going to have to try reloading everything.

dbrlogan,

wait, open a new dwg, draw a rectangle, try to hatch. What happens? What can you see in the commandline?

L.

ADT 2004
ACAD 2002

just opened a new drawing for a new design and now the hatch is working. Still can't figure out why it didn't work in other drawings tho.

One way I sometimes use to hatch a portion of a drawing is to use the region command. Region the section you are trying to hatch, that will make it into one object. Once regioned you can use the hatch command, use the "select object" option and select the region. That should allow you to hatch the section you want to without difficulty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back