Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Acad to PDF Plotting drops objects!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jukin

Structural
Jun 25, 2010
US
First thanks in advance for any help you can give. My office has been finding that our pdf files generated by Acad occasionally have lines, notes, etc. "dropped". In other words when we generate a pdf file through Acad the resulting image will sometimes leave off notes or lines that are present in the drawing file.

I've upgraded to Acad 2011 and others in the office are using 2008, or 2009 but the problem crosses all platforms. We're also using different Adobe Pro versions, but the issue is the same regardless. It doesn't happen often, but it has eroded our confidence enough that we are hesitant to provide pdf files of drawings when the customers request them.

Has anyone else experienced this and if so were you able to resolve it?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have also experienced this. It appears to be completely random. I have had very good success with plotting to the Adobe PDF driver, not using the AutoDesk driver.

Some Acad notes and dimensions are in a silly yellow font by default. If you don't specify the pdf file to be in black + white, these notes fade away to nothing in the pdf file.

Jukin, we all have used the download, 'PDF995' for about 5 years, and liked it so well that we paid for a site license!

Rocky

Cheers . . . Rocky

I had a similar problem with drawing text fonts not being created in the PDF plot. Check "Custom Properties" for the Autocad DWG To PDF printer and set the Font Handling option to "Capture All" (my system default was "Capture Some"). This should fix the font plotting problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back