Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Acceleration due to roll/pitch motion

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty2009

Structural
Nov 15, 2014
AZ
Hello All... It is my first time here and I am glad [deejay]
Well, turning to the matter - I have recently designed a small access platform (picture is attached) to be installed on self-elevating drilling unit... and as I am running structural analysis of the platform I need to define load combination and etc... where I face with the music!...
Issue is, the unit (parent structure) itself is approved by ABS and I have to run analysis under same standart's regulations which I am not familiar with...
My biggest question is all about accelerations act on the child structure (access platform) because of roll/pitch motion. From DNV rules I know that Vertical acceleration = 0.8Xg; Transverse acceleration = 0.6Xg; Longitudinal Acceleration = 0.8Xg. But again, I have small info about ABS rules on this point hence can not evaluate the structure.

Can anyone please mention appropriate standard of ABS or direct me towards sun light? Or perhaps someone knows the figures?
Thanks

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=12fb1a59-dc83-4458-bfb9-dcc216d4873f&file=pic.bmp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back