Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ACI App. D Anchor Bolt Program - Free Web App.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm... I don't know - we can't seem to verify how they get their [Φ]Vc for concrete breakout strength in their section D.6.2.

Can someone check that too? We're getting much lower numbers than they are.

Something doesn't look right.

JAE - Can you give an example problem.

I've found it checks well with ACI code. Even modifies hef and ca1 per D.5.2.3 & D.6.2.4 respectively. Maybe that is where your discrepancy is arising (if your close to 3 of more edges) - I've got no idea without an example, but running though some ACI examples its spot on...

If you give a rough example - I'll check it out (I've used the program quite a bit and understand a few of its quiks fairly well - EX: on LOADS Tab | Load Source - "ACI 318-08" should be Chapter 9 & "ACI 318-08 Appendix D" should be Appendix C - also, if you select "Seismic Design "C" or Higher" it applies the .75 Factor per D.3.3.3 to PhiNn and PhiVn, it is the still engineers responsibility to ensure ductile failure.)

Nice little program. I don't think it takes into account equation D-8 So the capacity given could be a bit unconservative. For a 12" square c-c bolt spacing on a
2'x2' pad. with h[sub]eff[/sub] = 18". Breakout/pryout would be unconservative.

eit09 - I took a look at your example and from first glimpse you seemed correct, but hef for you problem is actually 4" according to D.5.2.3 and therefore equation D-8 wouldn't apply. At least thats my interpretation.

TK406 - I understand your interpretation, but in D.5.2.3 it says to use h[sub]ef[/sub] for equations D-4 to D-11. ACI doesn't specifically say we can use the calculated h[sub]ef[/sub]< that for the 11"<h[sub]ef[/sub]<25" code stipulation. ALl in all though its a nice tool!

It is good, but very simple. It doesn't work for moments, eccentric load etc. Thanks for sharing though.

I spoke with the developer of this program. It sounds like it is no longer supported at the site I provided above. Plus there were a few bugs which are still present. Use the link below now...

The developer has expanded the module so you can also save files, and it sound like they will be expanding it for eccentricity and moments in the near future.

If you have feedback or questions, you can email them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back