Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ACME 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CEROG

Automotive
Jul 11, 2007
DE
Hi,

in the drafting environment I found a standard called ACME.

Can anybody tell me from what the name ACME is derived in that case?

Regards,

Roland

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

ACME is derived from Typo. It is most commonly run across when the 'C' is inadvertanty pressed rather than the 'S'.

Seriously, since the environments can be created and/or edited - likly this is what you may have discovered.

One interpretation I found out there was:

Media literacy curricula that qualify for ACME’s (Action Coalition for Media Education) endorsement must meet Standards #1-3 plus FOUR of the other NINE standards. These are curricula that:

Standard #1: ARE FUNDED through independent means with no direct financial support from transnational media conglomerates.

Standard #2: ARE FREE OF unexamined commercial product placements.

Standard #3: CONTAIN supporting curricula resources – questions and answers, pre and post-viewing activities, and/or background or supplemental materials for classroom and community educators.

Standard #4: PROMOTE critical thinking through the application of various media literacy skills (access, analysis/questioning, evaluation, discussion, reflection.)

Standard #5: FACILITATE active “hands-on” learning activities and independent media production (i.e. - writing, filmmaking, multimedia creation).

Standard #6: ESPOUSE media-related activism in one’s school and/or community, encouraging students to move from “passive consumer” to “active citizen.”

Standard #7: ADDRESS the positive/negative individual and societal effects – social, economic, cultural, political, psychological, spiritual, environmental – of media consumption

Standard #8: EXPLORE the structural and societal implications of media’s creation, financing, and distribution.

Standard #9: CHALLENGE the current corporately-owned Big Media status quo in a specific, documented, and fearless manner.

Submitted curricula that meet standards #1-3 plus FOUR of the other NINE standards, as determined by the ACME curriculum evaluation committee, are eligible for ACME’s endorsement and promotion.

From Wiki...

ACME is the official suplier for Will E Coyote for any kind of device.

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back