Activate/Deactivate Sheet in Drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akesson

Mechanical
Feb 28, 2003
SE
Hi,

Does anyone now how to activate and deactivate a sheet in a drawing with a knowledgeware Rule?

Any other way of doing this?

(I've got a assembly that could be configured in 3 different ways and I've created a sheet for each one of them.
The configuration is managed with parameters. Then I configure the assembly in configure 1, I dont want sheet 2 and 3 to be updated by misstake by any user, therefor I would like to deactivate them)

Thanks
/Akesson

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

if you can't deactivate sheet, you sure can lock views. This will prevent update.

indocti discant et ament meminisse periti
Eric N.

Hi There.

Maybe you could use scenes to separate the different assembly configurations, and then make drawingviews from the scenes?
I haven't used scenes much myself,but I think this should work for your requirements.

-Bjorn D

Thanks for the ideas.

Is it possible to lock and unlock a view with a knowledgware advisor Rule?

(I need to make this process automatic since we have a program for updating and printing a complete project structure without opening the drawings in catia.)

/Akesson

you could always just isolate each view, its cheap and easy...the only problem is, at that point the isolated view is just a drawing view, it wont update for model changes...

-nad3000

I'm not sure about the inputs for knowlegeware rules, but I believe you can use a bit of VBScript within a rule - or possibly link to a macro.

We've done a few macros on drafting objects and the property LockStatus [True = locked] on the DrawingView object may give you what you want

If Beethoven had been killed in a plane crash at the age of 22, it would have changed the history of music...
and of aviation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back