Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Acuvim-II

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjmurf

Specifier/Regulator
Apr 25, 2003
US
Is it possible to scale the analog output to a lesser value than the full current of the CT's. I am using a Acuvim-II meter with 400 amp CT's I would like to scale the analog output down to 60kW total power, without loosing resolution.

I'm using the instrument to monitor and compare the power consumption of 60hp blowers using inlet valve throttling vs VFD.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not sure what you're asking - what analog output are you talking about? The "analog output" of the CT is what it is. It is not scalable unless you change the tap on a multi-ratio CT. If you're talking about scaling an analog output from your meter, that really has nothing to do with CT.

Its really a simple question. I want to scale the 4-20mA output to a desired total kW reading of my choice.
It has everything to do with the CT, if 100% analog output does not occur until 100% output of the CT. Hence my question on scalability.

I worked with an old GE meter that allowed this very thing. It was just a parameter entered for the 20mA output. The Acuvim, apparently don't allow.

I'm hoping to catch someone familiar with this instrument.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back