Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ADAMS/Car FMU X Simulink Co-Simulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmrrr

Mechanical
Dec 8, 2021
JP
Hello Guys.
I have been trying super hard to solve this problem, really appreciate if you all can help me or give me a hint.

I am conducting Co-simulation using FMU model generated by Adams/Car in Simulink as parent.
When I run the simulation, simulink (matlab) got crash due to unknown issue.

to be specific, this crash only happen with encrypted [.adm] FMU model
(*encrypted feature available from adams version 2021).

just to make sure,I run the simulation with normal/non-encrypted [.adm] FMU model generated from the same vehicle model, the simulation flows with no problem. so I can confirm that there is no issue with the vehicle model.

Adams 2021.4
Simulink R2019a
based on adams 2021 release note, it supports simulink 2019a, so no problem with the version as well

has anyone experienced the same issue?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi @bmrrr,

It's quite a late reply!
Adams solver needs to locate the encrypt_wrapper.dll which would unwrap the fmu. This .dll file is present in "C:\MSC.Software\Adams\2021_3_841263\win64" in my case. You can find the the path in which your ADAMS 2021 is installed. Hence you would need to create a Path environment variable with the value as C:\MSC.Software\Adams\2021_3_841263\win64 (in your case your path where the encrypt_wrapper.dll is located).
This will solve the SIMULINK crash issue if it isn't already solved by you[bigsmile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back