Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ADAPT software: Calculation crack deflection function error 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

federera6

Structural
Apr 7, 2016
VN
immediately after click on "calculation crack deflection" in FEM tabs. The error occur successively by warning below:
1. "Builder-Sum
Error while reading DATA GENERAL"

2. "ADAPT-BuilderSum
Error during loading files"

3. "ADAPT-BuilderSum
Error occur during loading files.
Error number:9
Error description: subscript out of range"

4. "ADAPT-BuilderSum
Error occur when loading buildersum. progame aborted.
Error number:339
Error description: component :MSCOMCTL.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

later the analysis of crack deflection gone well but seem the value is not correct.

How can I fix this error ?

Thanks you !

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What does the adapt support say? I assume they will want to address the issue and are best placed to do this?

Regarding the MSCOMCTL.OCX error, your system does not appear to have this com library (I've come across similar error before in some software I wrote using microsoft word macros), or its potentially present in your system but not correctly registered. Try track a copy of it down online or on your system, look in C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and see if its there as thats where it resides, otherwise find a copy online.

You can register it in a cmd window using the following command, or from the run menu.

regsvr32 MSCOMCTL.OCX

It should report a window like 'something in MSCOMCTL.OCX succeeded' after a little while.

Hopefully it helps, I don't use ADAPT so cannot help with the specific s of the other errors, like I said contact their support, I'm sure they will help resolve it for you.

I have sent my problem to Adapt support and waiting.
MSCOMCTL.OCX is resolved as your guide but others still exist.
awy, Thanks @Agent666 for your reply much !

What version of ADAPT Builder are you using? I had this, or a similar error a while back, and when i contacted support they indicated they were aware of it, but the deflection results should be correct. I have since upgraded to Builder 2018 and not had this issue.

Thanks @strguy11

My Adapt version is Adapt Builder 2016. I will upgrade to 2018 and contact to support. But is the deflection results still correct with exist error in my version ?
Is this the answer from Adapt support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back