Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add Parametric Dimension to Existing Dimension 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetFueledEngineer

Mechanical
Oct 7, 2014
US
Hi All,

I am new to NX 8.5 and am learning the ropes with drafting, having come from mostly a Creo/ProE background. Is there a way in NX to insert a dimension parametrically beside an existing dimension? As an example, if an ordinate dimension is created showing the horizontal distance to a diameter, can I add text into the ordinate dimension that will associatively pull the diameter dimension at that point, so the diameter dimension will be beside the length dimension?

Thanks!

James
NX 8.5.3.3

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Use Keyboard arrow Keys to add any prefix, Suffix or Upper side to enter manual values and for giving links to other Object attributes as for as I know.
But dimension is not have any attribute propertties to add. you can only able to link it Only if you have the required Dimension in formula ie: Expression

In dimension toolbar click "A" symbol(TEXT) which opens text editor in that go to Relationships select Expression Add your related expression which you want show in DWG, Remember u should create the repected
Expression in Modeling and link to the part for exmple if u need a hole dia create a formula Dia = 100 in sketch or hole dimension u can link this to the feature u want to create then call it back in DWg.

Thanks,

Alto Joseph,
Design Engineer,
BE Aerospace.

Alto Joseph,

Thanks very much! By creating associative dimensions within the model and calling them out using the dimension toolbar as you suggested, that gives me exactly what I needed.

Best Regards,
James
NX 8.5.3.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back