Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Add To Existing NX11 Arrangement? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

4mranch6

Aerospace
Jul 28, 2008
US
NX11 Arrangement, example is a wing stowed and deployed. Someone has already created the Arrangement, but further design additions now have additional components that need to be shown in the existing Arrangement. Can these components be added to the existing Arrangement?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

As long as you have write access to the assembly, you shouldn't have an issue. Note that you don't really "add a component to an arrangement", you add the component to the assembly and the arrangement allows you to reposition it, add/relax constraints, or suppress it from view as needed. What issue are you having with this particular assembly?

www.nxjournaling.com

Thank you cowski, not really an issue, more like new to Arrangement usage and trying to edit an existing assembly. Arrangements named "Deployed" and "Stowed" already exist in this file and now I need to include some additional components to the "Stowed" Arrangement. They will need to be rotated into the "Stowed" position before I can add them. I have already read that the constraints will need to be off for these new components to move properly.

If the 2 positions require different constraints, use the "apply to used" arrangements options when creating the constraint. Then switch arrangements and repeat. However, if it is fully constrained to other moving components, this might not be necessary. It will automatically move to its new position based on the other components and its constraints.

If the assembly isn't using constraints, set the "individually positioned" option in the component properties (parameters tab) and you can specify the component position per arrangement.

www.nxjournaling.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back