Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Adding Additional Features to Mirror/Pattern ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahir

Mechanical
May 13, 2003
IN
Achtung!

Can we add additional features to an already existing pattern feature or an already existing mirror feature? If yes..How to do it..?.& If not any work around.

Thanks...Have great day !

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hello,
today You can add new features on Pattern which have two or more features.
If You have one feature You are out of luck as well as with mirros, there is currently no way to add features.

Regards TPale

Hi sahir and tpale,
Could you please explain why you think you cannot add features to a part once it has been mirrored or patterned???
I am absolutey sure you can add features to a patterned or mirrored part.
I don't quite understand how you can't do it !!!!

Cheers,
Jakey

Hello Jakey,
You are absolutely right, You can add features to PART or PartBody that has been patterned / mirrored.
But when You have pattern or mirror for ONE feature there is no way to convert that pattern or mirror to multi feature pattern or mirror.
( I haven't figured that out, how to do it ..)

Regards TPale

Hi tpale,

Yes, wholly agree with you ...

I remember I once asked such question to DS (on old version
R6/7) who replied saying "no way" ... :eek:((

We might have to get "all those multi-features" FIRST before we do pattern/mirror ... but of course we all know that designing stuff is not always happening like that ...

Hi all.

This is how I always do my Pattern to be able to ad features later on.

1. Select your feature to be patterned
2. Also select a trash-feature by multiselect (could be any one, it is just temporary)
3. Create your pattern with both the features
4. Delete the trash-feature from the pattern by selecting it in the list in the pattern window
5. Press OK

The pattern is now able to ad more features in the future. It takes a few more clicks but I think it's worth it.

Matti. [bigcheeks]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back