Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding Standard note to drawing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bambila

Mechanical
Nov 29, 2012
US
Hi,

Can any one give me the GRIP program to add the standard note to the drawing?

Bambila
Mechanical Engineer

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The way that you're asking this question it sounds like you have a specific program in mind. Could you please be a bit more explicit as to which 'program' that you're talking about or perhaps describe where you've seen this 'program' being used or refered to? If what it is is that you're asking for is a general capability to add 'standard' pre-defined notes to a Drawing, we would recommend that you utilize the 'Reuse Library' for something like that.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Hi Bambila,
As John already mentioned you can use some OOTB utilities in drafting for doing the same.You can even create a note inside a 1 row and 1 column table and save it as a template.
This template can be added to the resource bar and can be dragged and dropped whenever required.
Best Regards
Kapil Sharma

There are much better methods available today than the GRIP program NOTES that was written in very early UG2 days, 20 years ago.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

You can drag and drop a .txt file from windows onto your sheet to add a note

John Joyce
N.C. Programming Supervisor
Barnes Aerospace, Windsor CT
NX6 & NX7.5

It works, just that you have to be dragging the .txt file onto the face of a Drawing, at least it works in NX 8.5.1.3.

John R. Baker, P.E.
Product 'Evangelist'
Product Engineering Software
Siemens PLM Software Inc.
Industry Sector
Cypress, CA
Siemens PLM:
UG/NX Museum:

To an Engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

I can confirm that dragging a text file onto a drawing also works in NX 7.5.0.32 and NX 8.0.3.4. If you don't like the drag and drop or it doesn't work on your setup, there is also an "insert text from file" option in the annotation editor (text input -> import/export section).

www.nxjournaling.com

Hi All

Thanks for your quick reply.
John, I do not have any program with me right now, actually I was thinking that GRIP program could help me on this.
I decided to go with other sugestion like draging .txt file or Reuse Library rather GRIP.

Bambila
Mechanical Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back