Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding stiffeners

Status
Not open for further replies.

andykhoo81

Mechanical
Jul 31, 2005
AU
I have a problem adding stiffener to the object as I could not sketch a diagonal line and placing it in the centre of the workpiece when sketching in the 2D plane. How do I place the diagonal line in the middle?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I understand that many still have requirements to do such things. My only point in making the comments that I made, however, was to illustrate that in virtually EVERY case, people may ask for a thread, simply because they CAN. (not because there isn't a protocol in place to address the representation schematically or otherwise)

No disrespect meant to anyone - I know, being in business for myself, that customers may require it - but nonetheless, I stand by my statement, that there is no real need to develop such a thing for use in a workbench, as someone expressed disappointment over not having it.

Pictures are nice, but not always expedient. If we ever go to full 3D representations, which would be nice, I would love to see thread creation more automated. At that point, I would suggest that standards would absolutely need to be changed, and full representations should become the norm. We've got a ways to go...

Check out CATBlog!

Andy...

I'm still curious what a thread looks like in an isometric view - especially since you said Pro-E can do it. Can you attach an image for me?

I know how to 'fake it' manually on the board for pictorial representation (not exact), and I know how would 'fake it' with any CAD system. What does Pro-E do automatically?

thanks, ...Jack

Pro-E is not the only cad package that alows you to creat full detailed threads. UG alows you to creat both symbolic and full detailed threads in both 2d and 3d.

Jeremy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back