Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Adding strange drawing views

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiW979

Mechanical
Nov 16, 2007
GB
One of our users over in the USA has been adding view to drawings with a strange outcome.

When he adds a view, in the base view menu drop down he has a list of all the standard views, (top, front, left etc,) but then below these, the same views again, but with a * in front of each one.

He has been selecting these as the views to add which then puts him another strange looking item in his ANT which looks like a sheet and model rather than the usual component symbol. My computer however does not give me the option to pick *top *front etc.

I'm sure I have seen this before, but can't for the life of me work out what is happening and how to stop it etc.

Please can someone put me out of my misery. :-(

Best regards

Simon NX4.0.4.2 MP10 - TCEng 9.1.3.6.c - (NX6.0.3.6 MP2 native)

Life shouldn't be measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the number of times when it's taken away...

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I presume you're working master model here...

The *views indicate that they are views from the part rather than from the specification.

On the Add view ribbon, the first option is part view, this enables you to add a view from another part or the same part that your specification is based upon…

The strange entry in the Assembly Navigator is an indication that a part view has been added – There is no problem with using this approach whatsoever…

To stop it don't use part view.. You only get the starred options once a part view is present.

Hope that clears that up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back