Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Adopting USB2Wiggler hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.

creativzz

Electrical
Jan 22, 2010
LV
There is used USB2Wiggler device for OnCE interface, it has small internal daughter board labeled COP-OnCE that adapts it to a ONCE pinout. I wanna know is it possible to adopt this USB2Wiggler hardware for ARM and MIPS JTAG interfaces.
Can this hardware be configured for JTAG debugging interface by opening the cover, removing the "COP-OnCE" adapter PCB, and putting the target ribbon cable on P6 or P4? (20 or 14 pin JTAG) Can hardware also be used for MIPS interface by connecting cable to P4?
Here is [link ]pictures[/url].

Target cable pinouts:

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The JTAG interfaces that I've used in the past were nothing more than parallel port ('Centronics' printer) cables with the require JTAG pins on the other end.

I'd start with your JTAG software (running on your PC or laptop) and see what the associated documentation calls up; what cable/hardware does it need? It might be a lot simpler than what you're contemplating.

Why not have purchasing just buy the correct JTAG unit rather than going through the complicated (and often not viable) process of changing one meant for another processor? Who wants to write driver software just to get the real work done...

Dan - Owner
Footwell%20Animation%20Tiny.gif

Because it's expensive, and will use it only occasionally, just have very limited budget. Only wanted to figire out is it possible adopt it this way or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back